Alcoholic Beverage Permits

procedures and information
Through Local Option Elections, the voters of DeSoto have approved "the legal sale of mixed beverages in restaurants by food and beverage certificate holders only" and "the legal sale of beer and wine for off premise consumption".

Information is available to those retailers wishing to establish these sales.  For more information and the application, click here.
For retailers wishing to open a Beer and Wine Sales Establishment (75% or more of revenue is generated from beer/wine sales), a Specific Use Permit (SUP) is also required.  

If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Office of the City Secretary    972-230-9664
Planning Department             972-230-9622

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Regulation of the Sale and Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages in the City of DeSoto.

TABC Information
For more information on the State licensing process, visit the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission web site.

TABC Arlington Regional Office 817-652-5912
2225 East Randol Mill Road, Suite 200
Arlington, TX 76011
Monday - Friday 
8:00am - 5:00pm