Transportation Assistance Program
Participation is limited to low- to moderate income (LMI) individuals, elderly persons 62 years and older, and persons with disabilities. Eligible participation is income restricted to HUD Guidelines for Low-Moderate Income Persons. Separate applications must be submitted for each participant even if they reside in the same home. Applicant must submit documentation of their residency in the City of DeSoto and must meet all program guidelines and submit all documentation listed in this application packet.
The program provides the following for applicants who meet HUD eligibility:
- Taxi cab transportation for essential services including doctor appointments, trips to the grocery store or pharmacy, etc.
- Eligible participants will be given a card voucher providing UP TO $80 per month for transportation in the Dallas and Ellis County area.
THIS PROGRAM IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023-2024 PROGRAM YEAR!
APPLICATION WINDOW IS STILL OPEN
Items you will need to submit with the application:
- Copies of driver's license for all household members 18 years old and over
- Copies of SSN Cards for all household members 18 years old and over
- Copy of most current electric/water bill with name and address of household member
- Last 2 months of income payment (see application for details)
- Other items detailed in the application may be required