There are several reasons that could cause a homeowner or business owner to experience low water pressure at their dwelling. Here are a few examples:
• Work is being performed on the water main in the area and city crews have it shut off.
• There is a water main break in the area and the resulting pressure loss is because of it.
• The shut off valve at the meter is not completely open. If you have had your water shut off recently, your valve may not have been completely turned back on. Please contact our Meter Services department for assistance at 972.230.9627 and press “7”.
• The service line to the meter is partially crimped.
• The meter filter may be partially clogged.
Please refer to our Water Main Breaks page.Water Main Breaks