The City of DeSoto Building Inspection Department is here to assist the citizens of DeSoto with all their building projects. We want to assist in the pre-planning, obtaining permits, and the inspection process for their specific projects. Our mission is to not only assist in obtaining the permits but to assure that these projects will comply with the City's Building Codes. We want to ensure that all projects are long lasting and done with maximum safety.
The City of DeSoto has adopted the 2018 International Building Codes (see link below) and the 2017 National Electrical Code.
• Certificate of Occupancy for all Commercial/Retail businesses.
• INSPECTIONS: To request a building inspection for work completed with an issued permit, please go to www.desototexas.gov/permit. For next day inspections you must submit your request before 4:00 PM the day before. Same day inspections are not done except in emergency cases (to be determined by the Building Official).
• CONSTRUCTION HOURS: Construction hours in the City of DeSoto are from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday; 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturday; 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Sunday. No heavy equipment use is allowed on Sunday without the written consent of the Building Official.
PURSUANT TO ORD 2243-21 ADOPTED BY CITY COUNCIL ON SEPTEMBER 21, 2021, ALL NEW COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION WILL BE ASSESSED IMPACT FEES FOR ROADWAY, WATER & WASTEWATER.
PLEASE SEE THE LINK FOR CALCULATIONS
- Water Heaters in the Garage: If I have an existing electric or gas water heater in or accessible from the garage, must I raise it 18 inches above the floor level when it is replaced?
- Common Homeowner Permits: What are some of the more common permits that homeowners should be concerned with?
- Acquiring a Permit: How does one acquire a permit?