About Court Costs
When Costs Apply
- In addition to the fine, court costs mandated by state law are charged.
- The costs are different depending on the offense.
- Check with the court for the amount to be assessed for the violation for which you are charged.
Court costs are assessed:
- If you are found guilty at trial, if you plead nolo contendere.
- If your case is deferred and you are placed on probation.
- If you take a driving safety course.
- If you request a jury trial, an additional $3.00 jury fee is assessed.
- If a warrant has been issued, an additional $35.00 fee is assessed.
- If you are granted time to pay your fine & costs or given a time payment plan, you will be assessed a $25.00 time payment fee.