Develop Zoning Requirements that Require Greenspace as Part of Residential and Commercial Developments
1. Conduct a survey with NCTCOG and other municipalities to determine best practices in greenspace requirements
2. Conduct a joint meeting of the Planning & Zoning Commission and the City Council to determine intended purpose and desired outcomes of greenspace requirements
3. Develop draft residential and commercial greenspace requirements
4. Present greenspace ordinance to the Planning & Zoning Commission for consideration
5. Present greenspace ordinance to the City Council for consideration
4th Quarter Update September 2023
As of Q4, City staff presented a second work session to the City Council and Planning & Zoning Commission to receive input and feedback regarding greenspace regulations for residential developments. The resulting ordinance is anticipated to be presented to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council in October and November for public hearings and adoption.
3rd Quarter Update July 2023
As of Q3, City staff has conducted research on greenspace requirements for residential developments in other communities. A report of this information was shared with the City Council and the Planning & Zoning Commission in July 2023. Following that meeting, staff will work with the Planning & Zoning Commission to finalize a greenspace ordinance for residential development that will be forwarded to the City Council for consideration.