Teen School Year Volunteer Program
What is the Teen 2022/2023 School Year Volunteer Program?
The Teen 2022/2023 School Year Volunteer Program is a program that provides teens with:
- Confidence-building volunteer experience
- Practical job skills
- Customer and public service experience
What are the qualifications?
- Dependability - you must complete work assignments, be present for pre-assigned work hours, and be on time
- Flexibility - you must be willing to perform a variety of projects and tasks
- Self-Discipline - you must be able to work independently and follow oral instructions
- Good Interpersonal Skills - you must be able to work cooperatively with other volunteers and staff members
Who can join? The DeSoto Public Library is looking for teens that are:
- At least 13 years old OR
- Entering grades 8 - 12
The volunteer program runs through August 2022 to May 2023.
What's in it for me?
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Have fun meeting and working with new people
- Sense of pride by helping your community
- Earn community service credits for:
- National Honor Society
- Scouting Merit Badges
- College Admissions
What can I do?
- Plan and participate in Teen Programs and activities
- Shelve library materials
- Become a Teen Techie and assist patrons in the Computer Lab
- Help with Library special programs (crafts, games, activities, set-up and cleanup)
How do I sign up?
- Complete the online teen volunteer application.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will select applications and arrange the interviews.
- Selected volunteers must abide by the Teen 2022/2023 School Year Volunteer Program attendance policy, dress code and expected work conduct, and will be required to interview and submit a background check.
There are only a limited number of volunteer hours and positions available! Therefore, all teens that apply are not guaranteed placement in the program.
For special events, don't forget to sign up for specific sessions via https://www.ci.desoto.tx.us/FormCenter/Library-5/Teen-Special-Events-Volunteer-Program-Ap-213
Questions? Contact Ms. Marq Runnels at 972-230-9663.