How to File a Claim Against the City

To file a claim against the city, Click on Notice of Claim Form below; complete the form, have it notarized, attach supporting documentation as applicable, then email the form and all supporting documentation to

If you prefer, you can mail or deliver the original to: 

Action Center
City of DeSoto
211 East Pleasant Run Road
DeSoto, Texas 75115. 

Note: The City Charter mandates that a claim must be filed with the City within 180 days of the date of loss. The City is not permitted to accept claims for losses more than 180 days old.

Notice of Claim Form

For questions please call Lisa Mendoza at 972.230.7319