Create a City identity and marketing and communications strategy to improve marketing and public RELATIONS EFFORTS
City Work Plan
1. Hire a branding and marketing firm to create a consistent brand and marketing identity for DeSoto | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q2 | Complete FY 2021 Q4
2. Hire a marketing manager position in the City Manager’s Office | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q1 | Complete FY 2021 Q1
3. Obtain City Council approval of a new City-wide brand identity, marketing campaign, and logo update | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q4 | Complete FY 2021 Q4
4. Overhaul the City’s website to a more modern and easy-to-use platform consistent with the City’s new brand identity | IT Department | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q3
5. Ensure City-produced materials are consistent with the City’s new brand identity | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2023 Q3
6. Organize a steering committee of staff and elected officials to review logo options and to make recommendation to the City Council | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q2 | Complete FY 2021 Q4
3rd Quarter Update July 2021
The City has contracted with Augustine Agency, a marketing firm with an office in Irving Texas, to lead the City's rebranding process. They will be working with Council and staff to establish a community steering committee and otherwise begin the research process that will be the foundation for future branding recommendations.
2nd Quarter Update April 2021
The City’s Marketing Manager has joined the City's communications team. Nine responses to the City’s Request for Proposals to lead the City-wide branding effort have been reviewed and narrowed down to three finalist firms. Those finalists will be interviewed and a preferred firm will be recommended to the City Council in June. The process of updating the City’s website has entered the research phase. Significant work on that project will build upon the City-wide branding project upon its completion currently scheduled for Q4.