- The City of DeSoto Street Department is responsible for the installation of all traffic control devices, which include signs, signals and roadway markings.
- Currently the city maintains 17 signalized intersections.
- The city does not maintain the signals along I-35 frontage road or along Belt Line Rd. These signals are maintained by TXDot.
- The city also maintains 11 signalized school zones, nine of which are solar powered.
- The city maintains over 5000 traffic signs and all roadway markings within the city limits.