There are two types of warrants that may be issued by the court:
- Alias Warrants are issued for individuals who fail to appear to answer to C misdemeanor charges.
- Capias Pro-Fine are issued when an individual has been assessed a fine but has failed to comply with the court’s orders.
A warrant can be issued for your arrest when you:
- Do not respond to the Court by the date provided on your citation
- Do not appear for your court date
- Do not pay a fine assessed by a judge
- Do not complete the Driving Safety Course requirements and do not appear to show cause
- Do not comply with the terms of your probation and the probation is revoked
- Default on payment arrangements
- Fail to comply with an Order of the Judge
If it is necessary to issue an arrest warrant, a $50 warrant fee will be added to your fine.
If you want to plead “not guilty” to an Alias Warrant, you must come to the Municipal Court to post the required bond so that your case can be given a trial date. Capias Warrants are not bondable and must be paid in full.
- Cash bonds can be posted at the Municipal Court Location at 211 E Pleasant Run Road. Cash Bonds must be paid with "Cash"
- Surety bonds are accepted from approved bail bond agencies or attorneys