- Officers are paid bi-weekly; starting pay is competitive.
- Vacation and sick leave accrual.
- Paid holidays.
- Retirement benefits.
- Employee health insurance and dependent insurance at a nominal cost.
- Uniforms and equipment are provided.
- College Incentive Pay for college degree.
- Certification pay is offered at $50 per month for Intermediate Certificate, $50 per month for Advanced Certificate, and $50 per month for Masters Certificate, with a maximum of $150 per month.
- Longevity Pay, paid each December after first year
- Overtime and compensatory time is paid at time and one half.
For details see the Human Resources Personnel Policy manual
Promotions are received on the basis of position availability, time service and successful passing scores on promotional examinations.