DEVELOP A grow DeSoto Marketplace Construction / Transition plan to include more traditional restaurant space and seating areas.
1. Create a Steering Committee of residents and business experts to provide review of the current Grow DeSoto Market Place and to develop recommendations for future use | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
2. Initiate a design concept competition for reimagining the Grow DeSoto Market Place | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
3. Study and evaluate market demand for proposed facility changes | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2023 Q4
4. Work with the property owner to identify acceptable concepts | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
5. Evaluate transition plan options with the property owner prior to master lease option trigger date | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
6. Develop construction cost estimates | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q4 | Complete FY 2023 Q2
3rd Quarter Update July 2022
As directed by the Grow DeSoto Market Place Steering Committee, tenant and customer surveys have been conducted for the Grow DeSoto Market Place. The Steering Committee will receive the feedback from those surveys in August. Following input and recommendations from the Steering Committee, the City will work with the property owner to discuss options consistent with the direction of the Steering Committee.
2nd Quarter Update April 2022
The Grow DeSoto Market Place Steering Committee has been formed and conducted multiple meetings. The group is preparing survey outreach to learn from current and former tenants of the Market Place as well as customers. Surveys are expected to be conducted during Q3 followed by discussions regarding future property uses and desired outcomes.