- The purpose of this policy is to establish the criteria for providing interlibrary loan service to assist DeSoto Library Card Holders that are residents of DeSoto in borrowing library books not found in our collection.
2.0 General Library:
- Patrons requesting Interlibrary Loan service must be a DeSoto resident and DeSoto Library card holder
- The time frame for obtaining interlibrary loan items varies depending upon availability, shipping, and distance of the lending library.
- Items loaned to the DeSoto Library for our patron's use are loaned to us by other libraries and out of respect for those lending libraries we need to make sure we get items back prior to or on the due date, since we still need to ship the item back to the owning library.
- If the item is damaged, the Library we borrowed the item from on our patron's behalf will charge the amount their system requires to repair or replace the item.
Last revised: August 27, 2021