Code RED Emergency Notification System
With Code RED Weather Warnings, automated warnings launch just moments after a bulletin has been issued by the National Weather Service for severe thunderstorms,flash floods, tornadoes and winter storms near the community.
Code Red Weather Warning sends you automated alerts after a severe thunderstorm warning, tornado warning, or flash flood warning has been issued by the National Weather Service.
You must opt in to receive these special alerts. This systems operates around the clock, 24 hour a day. If you have already registered for Code Red in the past, and do not wish to receive these new special alerts, you will still continue to receive the normal voice activated alerts and you do not have to take any action.
Register for CodeRed notifications
Targeted AlertsThis system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the City in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as a boil-water notice, missing child or evacuation notices).
More Code RED Information
- This system will only be used for emergency purposes.
- All your information will remain completely private and will only be used to notify you of critical situations.
- Examples of times when the CodeRED system could be utilized:
- Drinking water contamination
- Utility outage
- Evacuation notice and routes
- Street closures
- Missing persons
- Fires or floods
- Bomb threats
- Hostage situations
- Chemical spills or gas leaks
- Other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety