Arts in DeSoto
Arts Grants Funding
The City of DeSoto is committed to supporting the arts and offers funding for the arts in the form of arts grants. This funding, which is derived from the Municipal Hotel Occupancy Tax, will be awarded as Cultural Arts Grants intended to serve as a financial catalyst to assist local non-profit organizations in developing opportunities for participation in the arts.
Arts Grants Roles
The Cultural Arts Grant Program’s role is the encouragement, promotion, improvement, and application of the arts, including:
Examples of Projects
Examples of projects that have been funded in the past include:
- Professional and community theater
- Gospel, Jazz and Classical Music Concerts
- Visual Art Exhibits
- Writing workshops
Apply for Arts Funding
The DeSoto Arts Commission is looking for organizations that would be interested in making application for arts funding.
- Those seeking funding must be 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations (or currently in the filing process) or registered as a non-profit organization with the State of Texas.
- Organizations must be able to demonstrate sound artistic direction and financial management.
- Community involvement will also be strongly considered and funded activities must take place within the city limits of DeSoto.
- Completed arts grants may be submitted beginning July 17th and the deadline to receive applications is August 31st at 5:00 p.m.
- Grants will be awarded for the following calendar year beginning January 1st and ending December 31st . Funded projects will be produced during the calendar year for which funding is received.
- Follow this link to download the FY2018 Arts Grant Application
- Follow this link to view the Grant Guidelines, a information document designed to answer questions regarding completing the application.